Sunday, December 20, 2009

The first...

The first. Kind of catchy in a simplistic, non-committal sort of way.

As I start this new adventure some self-imposed rules are in order. After all, I need some guidelines to work by - it's just the way I'm built.

1. Be honest. No one likes a liar.
2. The editor's on vacation. Two words: spell check.
3. If you try to be funny, you won't be. Just ask Keith Olbermann.


So that's it, three easy things to remember. I can handle three things.

I had a boss that once said "...if you try and remember more than five things at a time, you'll end up forgetting most of them." And that is why I create lists - lists for work, lists for the grocery store, lists for things that need to be done around the house. Even with all my lists, I still forget things - much to the amusement of my lovely wife.

But there are five things on the "big list" that I don't forget.
1. Every day is a blessing from God. If you wake up, breathe in and out and your feet hit the floor, its going to be a good day.
2. There's nothing more important than God and my family.
3. I am blessed to live in the United States.
4. Reckless words pierce like a sword.
5. Your children are only five once.

1 comment: